👋, I’m Jared.
I’m currently helping to build Wise. I wrote all about why I decided to join them in this post. Prior to that, I helped build Blispay and then spent some time at the company that acquired us. I also used to do product management at Bill Me Later, PayPal (twice), and Millennial Media. Check out my LinkedIn profile and follow me @jsfranklin221.
I’m an ISTJ (borderline INTJ) who values my wife, dog, health, authenticity, self-awareness, pragmatism, rationality, judgment, progress, intellectual honesty, and curiosity.
Here are some of my favorites:
|Product Management||Inspired||highlights | podcast|
|Business||Built to Last||highlights|
|Business||The Age of the Platform||highlights|
|Business||Grinding it Out||highlights|
|Personal Finance||Stop Acting Rich||highlights|
|Personal Finance||I’ll teach you to be rich|
|Personal Finance||Stay the course||Highlights 1, 2|
|Personal Finance||Millennial Money||highlights|
|Investing||The Intelligent Investor||highlights|
|Investing||Mastering the Market Cycles||highlights|
|Investing||The Four Pillars of Investing||highlights|
|Investing||The Elements of Investing||highlights|
|Investing||A Random Walk Down Wall Street||highlights|
|Investing||The Little Book of Stock Market Cycles||highlights|
Blogs, Posts, Memos, Vids, and Emails
- Venture Stories
- ARK For Your Innovation
- Animal Spirits
- Masters in Business
- Invest Like the Best
- Meb Faber Show
- Capital Allocators
- Macro Voices
- The Drive
Movies & TV
Products (personally impactful)
- Walking (on the beach, with the dog, with wifey…)
- Luck favors the persistent & relentless.
- It could always be worse.
- Whatever the fuck it takes.
- All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- If your plan is clear, it will be easier for you to stay on plan. Malkiel, Ellis
- Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. Einstein