A few of my favorites:
- “Western culture got homogenized and corporatized to an extent where it was inevitable that would come to existence a stratum under the radar, where people who saw the stupidity and boredom of the mass culture started doing things themselves and for each other, and opposing the standards and values of the false, mass way of doing things…”
- “3-D printers could mean the end of the worlds current manufacturing system and the beginning of a new, localized process where individuals have as much control over production as they do over consumption.” This would allow the worlds poorest people easily to put a foot on the first rung of the manufacturing ladder that has made the rest of us rich.“
- “If you want to stop piracy, the way to stop it is by competing with it.” – Steve Jobs
- By thinking like pirates, people grow niche audiences to a critical mass and change the mainstream from the bottom up.“
- Margaret Mead famously said, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” Pirates are some of the most committed citizens we’ve got.
- Albert Einstein once said, “No problem can be solved from the same consciousness that created it.”
- The success of the fashion industry makes it clear that strict copyright laws aren’t always necessary to protect the incentive to innovate.“